White Girl Blogging

White Girl Blogging

Friday 11 March 2016

Breaking up is hard to do

Breaking up is hard to do.  It’s happened to all of us, whether we were the one doing the breaking up or the one being broken up with, it’s never easy.  It’s painful, it’s awkward, and it can get very emotional and messy.  That inevitable ‘we need to talk’ and the cutting of ties with that person who was, until not, so close to you.   Even if the relationship is short lived, the breakup conversation is never an easy undertaking.

 I have personally been on both ends of breakups and there are few few of them that I can look back on without shaking my head in shame, disbelief, regret or laughter.

 In order to ease the process of ending a relationship or to try to avoid the messy emotions and possible anger and hurt feelings, people tend to feel the need to explain the reason for the breakup.  This is almost always a lie, the real reasons are usually too complicated or too mean to actually explain.   This often leads to people coming up with reasons for breaking up with someone that are “inventive”.  Warning…some of these are real:

Weirdest reasons for breaking up with someone

“I aspire to be the Pope…so this could only ever go so far”
“I’m moving…..2 blocks away….and now the walk is just too far”
“My mom says that she’s the only woman I need in my life”
“My dog doesn’t like you”
“I am already in a relationship….with God”
“The voices told me to”
“This relationship is getting in the way of my Xbox time”
“I met someone with lower self-esteem than you, she’ll do anything”
“I bought new shoes and you just don’t match them”
“I saw a couple fight on a TV show...and I feel like you'd take his side”
“I'm saving myself for Draco Malfoy”
“I don't like how your last name sounds with my name”
“Why are you breaking up with me? All I said was it's fine that I don't find you as hot as my ex”
“You wouldn't get my face tattooed on your back so you don't love me”
“That new job I just got? Yeah, it's as your boss”
“My psychic told me we were related in a past life and I don't believe in incest”
“I was eating a burrito and I realized it looked like you...and I'm not okay with that”
“You didn't like my selfie fast enough on Instagram”
“Did you know bigamy is illegal? My wife just told me...sooo....”


"

No comments:

Post a Comment