White Girl Blogging

White Girl Blogging

Thursday 12 September 2013

How Rude!

It has taken me a few days to think about what my next topic would be- everything I want to rant about is work related, but I'm not one of those people who is stupid enough to talk about work over the internet...especially not since I work for an internet provider...I would be eligible for a Darwin Award for sheer lack of brain activity at that point.

While some silly things are bothering me even at this moment...like how uncomfortable this desk is (damn you Ikea), how I really don't understand this 'vent' on my can of Coors Light or how my cat will not allow me to use her as a foot stool (after all the tummy rubs..no respect)...but I seem to be thinking a lot this week as to the number of rude people I've come into contact with recently, especially since the end of summer.  Perhaps the unofficial end to a lackluster summer has put people into a grumpy mood, maybe it's just the sheer growing numbers of people in the GTA I come into contact with on any given day....or perhaps...just maybe, some people are just jerks. (insert "Stop that Mr. Simpson" quote)

Yesterday on the subway, on my way home there was a couple getting on at the same stop as me, as well as many others since it was the first stop on the line.  The couple was obviously not from the area since they had a map and seemed rather unsure as to where they were going, but they seemed pleasant enough, they certainly weren't bothering anybody.  The subway car was moderately full, there were still a few groups of seats open, so, naturally, they headed to sit in the open two-seater closest to them.  At that moment when the woman was just turning into the seat, a teenage girl swooped in and took the seat out from under her...then threw her arms out over the second seat so that her giggling friend could catch up and join her.  The girls proceeded to giggle while actively avoiding eye contact with the couple they had just inconvenienced for no reason, thinking they were funny and slick.  The couple was a bit taken aback by the blatant rudeness of what the girl had done, but they quietly went to find another spot.  The teen girls spent the rest of the ride talking and giggling obnoxiously loudly, flashing their name-brand purses and jewelry that daddy obviously bought and discussing how stupid other girls they both knew are.

These girls were physically quite attractive, amazing skin, nicely dressed, hair done, etc.  I, however, found them to be the ugliest people on the subway.  

A message to people in general is that it does not matter how hot you are, how toned or ripped your body is, how nice your clothes are, how smooth you think you are...rudeness makes you ugly.

The lady who shoves everyone out of her way in the mornings to get on my bus, ugly.  The guy who told the cashier that she was an idiot because the machine broke that she wasn't even using, ugly.  The Calvin Klein model-like guy on the subway who took up 3 seats with his gym bag and didn't move them for an older gentleman...UGLY!

Think about how you would feel if you were out somewhere on a date or with your girlfriend/boyfriend, and for no real reason, they started being quite rude to the waitstaff.  Perhaps they are complaining about the meal loudly, telling the staff off, the sort of 'omg don't say that' things that happen.  Now, how would you feel about them during and after?  If you're like me, that person just became instantly unattractive.  My mother gave me a lot of good advice over the years (like how to freak out telemarketers, thanks mom) but one of the best pieces of advice she gave me was to always notice how someone treats service people (waiters, cashiers, customer service, etc).  If they are rude to others, they will be rude to you.

It doesn't take much to not be rude...common sense and some humanity will generally serve you quite well.  I would love to know what goes on in the minds of these self-righteous, over-entitled jackasses who think the world owes them something...because if your mommy didn't love you or you secretly hate yourself...that's your own problem, except that now, everyone else hates you too.

Now, not to be rude...but I'm excusing myself to go finish this beer with or without this stupid 'vented can' feature....seriously, how is this supposed to work??...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment